General and Preventative Care
The modern pace of our urban life hits hard on our schedule. So it may easily bring undesirable consequences to the overall state of your oral health.
Recent research has concluded that a person’s overall systemic health is linked to their oral health. This means that your overall wellness is directly related to the health of your teeth and gums. Therefore, Dr. Benson has created the “Oral Health Visit” so that he and his treatment team can ensure that your overall health is monitored at your regular dental check ups.
During your individualized “Oral Health Visit”, you will receive services that are specific to your case, including:
– Routine records update including medical history, blood pressure, digital images, and photos.
– Four hygiene exams including an oral cancer screening, gum exam, bite exam and tooth exam.
– When needed, dental x-rays that are suitable for you based on your risk factors, such as your history of tooth decay, history of -gum disease, and your at-home care.
If x-rays are indicated, then
– We utilize digital x-ray technology which significantly reduces your exposure to unnecessary and unwanted radiation.
– A personalized tooth and gum cleaning based on your oral health status and the types of restorations that you currently have on your teeth.
– Additional services unique to your history that may include a High Performance Night guard adjustment, teeth whitening touch-up, fluoride treatment, root sensitivity treatment, and a cosmetic restoration polishing.